Indirect Sponsorship: what does it mean?
EuroPCR 2018: how can you, as a Healthcare Professional, benefit from sponsorship to attend the Course?
A new Code of ethics adopted by regional organisations (MedTech Europe, APACMed, Mecomed) is transforming the way in which Industry members can support attendance of participants to medical educational events around the world.
According to the new regulations, financial support for participants remains possible strictly under an indirect scheme. Indeed, Industry partners are no longer allowed to grant financial aids directly to Healthcare professionals. These must be allocated through third-parties (Healthcare institutions or event organisers) in the form of educational allowances.
Indirect sponsorship: how to access it?
- Either industry partners allocate educational grants directly to your institution, then responsible for allocating these funds to eligible practitioners according to mentioned criteria by industry
- Or industry partners provide educational grants to a third party such as PCR/Europa Group, who then gets in touch with your institution (a named contact person by industry) to allocate these grants to eligible practitioners
Get in touch with your institution in order to get to know grant availabilities within it.
- Industry partners may provide grants for targeted healthcare professional populations, e.g. fellows, etc. In which case, PCR/Europa Group will select practitioners out of their database
The Call for Application for the Fellows Course is closed.
Currently, there are no ongoing Calls for Applications via PCR. If and whenever grant possibilities emerge, PCR will contact practitioners via email.
Enquire with industry partners whether they can support your institution with educational grants; PCR/Europa Group can receive industry grants and manage selection of practitioners until mid-April 2018 for EuroPCR 2018. Industry representatives can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Call for Applications for the Fellows Course is closed.
Who is concerned by the indirect support scheme introduced by new regulations?
- Participants who were supported by an industry partner to attend previous editions of EuroPCR and want to know how to renew this support under the new regulations
- Participants who have never before received industry support to attend EuroPCR and are interested in getting to know the existing possibilities that comply with new regulations
Complete your profile on MyPCR
By keeping your MyPCR account up-to-date you make it easier for:
- PCR to contact you if and whenever it receives Industry funds to finance Educational Allowances
- The Selection committee to review your profile during selection process for attribution of Educational Allowances
- If you’re a Faculty or a Presenter, please read more.
New Code of Ethics by MedTech Europe (echoed by APACMed, Mecomed)
Find out more about new regulations.
Do you have any questions regarding the new Code of Ethics and its implications for practitioners? Please visit our most Frequently Asked Questions section.