Indirect Sponsorship: what does it mean?
EuroPCR 2018: how can you, as a Healthcare Professional, benefit from sponsorship to attend the Course?
Being supported by Industry to attend EuroPCR 2018 is still possible!
But it can no longer be with a direct invitation by major industry partners, it can only be indirect to comply with the new regulations (MedTech Europe, APACMed, Mecomed).
Indirect sponsorship: what does it mean?
- Either industry partners allocate educational grants directly to your institution, then responsible for allocating these funds to eligible practitioners according to mentioned criteria by industry
- Or industry partners provide educational grants to a third party such as PCR/Europa Group, who then gets in touch with your institution (a named contact person by industry) to allocate these grants to eligible practitioners
- Industry partners may provide grants for targeted healthcare professional populations, e.g. fellows, etc. In which case, PCR/Europa Group will select practitioners out of their database
The Call for Application for the Fellows Course is closed.
So, what about me? I have not heard anything from anyone. How do I know which way I can be supported to attend EuroPCR?
- Your institution may have received direct support from industry to support your attending EuroPCR2018, so please check with your department or institution head
- To-date, PCR/Europa Group has received grants to cover invitations for 1,200 practitioners from 850 institutions (worldwide):
- February 2018: PCR/Europa Group currently asks the named contact person within each named institution to nominate the grantee(s)
- By Feb 28: PCR/Europa Group will start inviting selected and nominated-by-their-institution practitioners to participate to EuroPCR
By mid-March, if you receive no invitation, either your institution has not been nominated, or you have not been selected by your institution:
Enquire with industry partners whether they can support your institution with educational grants; PCR/Europa Group can receive industry grants and manage selection of practitioners until mid-April 2018 for EuroPCR 2018. Industry representatives can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete your MyPCR profile to be eligible for a limited number unrestricted educational grants:
- PCR/Europa Group has received so far 70 unrestricted educational grants to support fellows
- More funds may be available to cover additional educational grants, in which case the selection will be based on your updated profile. Please complete your MyPCR profile on pcronline.com
- Check regularly pcronline.com if calls for application are online
New Code of Ethics by MedTech Europe
Find out more about new regulations.
Do you have any questions regarding the new Code of Ethics and its implications for practitioners? Please visit our most Frequently Asked Questions section.