Radial approach: the essentials
PCR edu online
Radial access is generally very simple, but sometimes it can be more challenging. Watch these videos to become more confident and improve your performance in this technique. The course follows a logical sequence, from patient selection, to puncture and navigation, to ostia vessel cannulation. Consult the updated course!
Each module is made up of helpful media. Our online ‘proctors’ share their experiences and insights, as well as looking at cases and practical tips. Each discussion is focused to help develop the best management strategy for each patients.
CHAPTER 1: THE FUNDAMENTALS
- Identify in which type of patients the femoral route is more advisable than transradial access
- Master the essential steps of a successful radial procedure:
- Preparation of your patient for transradial access
- Radial puncture
- Radial haemostasis
CHAPTER 2: NAVIGATION
- Find out what to do in case of resistance when advancing a wire
- Discover how to safely manage a brachial loop
- Learn the best way to navigate through a tortuous brachiocephalic trunk
CHAPTER 3: CANNULATION
- Find out which catheters are the best for right radial approach
- Understand what is the ideal radial approach to cannulate Saphenous vein grafts
- Find out when more than 6F is needed
CHAPTER 4: WEBINAR ON DEMAND
- A new module on "Radial approach in complex angioplasty: from the puncture to the haemostasis" is available!
Additional resources (New update available!)
This course has been completely revamped, it now includes tons of useful additional resources, slide presentations and videos as well as a self-assessment Quiz to test your knowledge. Check it out it's worth it!
A new video from PCR Webinars will be available in January 2018.
If you are a new user and do not yet have an account on PCR edu online, please “Sign up”, by use the following enrolment key: rsbV3KTcdD0pRLcn5Rp1 New Sign-up (enrolment key)
Please consult the following how-to-guide, which will assist you step-by-step how to "Sign in" to your existing account.
This guide also includes the procedures for new sign-up, enrolment keys and course enrolment: Download guide
We have migrated your account to our new Learning Management System. You should have received an email to reset a password, which will allow you to access the online learning platform and catalog. If your account has not yet been reactivated or you experience difficulties to connect, please contact support