PCR Clinical Research EuroPCR 2017
The Course devoted to Education in Clinical Research
The mission of the new PCR Clinical Research initiative is to highlight the fundamental link between clinical research and best clinical care, with the ultimate goal of addressing the needs of the patient.
Last year, the Course modules focused on clinical trial design, successful recruitment, statistical analysis and abstract writing. This year, the Educational Journey continues with brand new modules on trial interpretation, study initiation, more advance knowledge of basics statistics, and writing of clinical papers. Four units specially devoted to Clinical Research will be held on Thursday 18 May 2017 during EuroPCR.
Who should attend?
This sessions are dedicated to physicians, research nurses and coordinators, industry partners and CRO representatives.
Four sessions included in the EuroPCR 2017 Programme will be devoted to Clinical Research on Thursday 18 May.
Everyone speaks about this trial but... I read only the conclusions! How can I appraise it critically and make my own judgement?Attend this session if you want:
- To be able to recognise the "anatomy" of a clinical trial
- To be able to distinguish the clinical and statistical implications of a clinical trial
- To construct your checklist for approaching the critical reading of a clinical trial
I have a good idea for a study and patients who accept to participate but... I don't know what to do! How can I optimise the collection of my data and translate them into an acceptable study?Attend this session if you want:
- To understand which practical elements (ie, protocol) should be organised and available before conducting a study
- To learn how to standardise data collection (eCRFs) and make it fluid and productive
- To appreciate how a good organisation of your database translates into easier analysis when it comes to write your paper
I have my dataset clean and ready but... it is not enough! How can I do some analyses and get the results of my study?Attend this session if you want:
- To be able to run simple statistical tests yourself
- To appreciate what adjusted analysis means
- To present your results in graphs and tables
I have the results and all tables are populated but... it's time to finalise my study! How can I organise and write my paper to maximise my chances to be accepted?Attend this session if you want:
- To recognise the "skeleton" of a good paper
- To appreciate what works well and what works poorly from a reviewer's and editor's perspective
- To learn how to write a sound discussion and balanced conclusions
Register to EuroPCR 2017 if you would like to take part in the Clinical Research sessions.